Date updated 06/21/2019
Sr Systems Engineer II
CE08 Sr Systems Engineer II - Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)-Cyber
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional Cyber Security organization? Raytheon has created Cyber Solutions and Integration (CSI) to expand growth opportunities with a focus on system Anti-Tamper (AT) and Cyber Security architecture, requirements, design and implementation, as well as Cyber resiliency, threat awareness, and integration of Enterprise Cyber capabilities into life-saving solutions.
We are currently seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join the Multi-Function Radio Frequency System (MFRFS) Systems Engineering team in McKinney, TX.
The Information Systems Security Engineer will support programs, research efforts, and strategic initiatives in the areas of System Integrity, Cyber Technologies, and Information Assurance (IA). Typical responsibilities for the Information Systems Security Engineer will require providing technical expertise in a multitude of protection areas, leadership, consultation, guidance, and support on technical initiatives, programs, and Business Development activities (to include solution development, compliance definition, threat and vulnerability determination).
The Information Systems Security Engineer role can be a salary grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position. The ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
* 6+ years of Technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, and implementation
* Security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operating system and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations
* Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
* IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
* Information security toolset including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS
* Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors of Science degree (BS) in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science; advanced degree(s)
* Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX (HP-UX & Solaris), MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO system.
* Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
* DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
* Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
* Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
* Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
* Security related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris) certification or training
KEYWORDS: cyber, cyber security, software, systems, engineer, information assurance, nist, nsa, disa, stig, determination, development, implementation, threat, anti-tamper, government, DoD, retina, unix, lan, wan, redhat, linux, nessus, scap, vulnerability, cisco, hp-ux, solaris
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online atwww.raytheon.com.
142956BR 142956 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.