Cyber Security Project Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This represnts a lead role and has a responsibility for planning and managing small to medium-sized projects that may significantly affect the organisation at the BU and LOB level. The role likely to manage sections of large projects and will input into the project planning process as a member of a large projects management team. Supervises the work of Project Manager 1s and other project staff and will work with external consultants to ensure deliverables. Has defined management responsibilities for project team, not a line or OUC function team, involving people, budget and planning. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives. Must have developed communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
What you'll be doing
* Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously.
* Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management and a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. six sigma and network management processes).
* Evaluates, sometimes complex (please see project matrix for further detail) situations using multiple sources of information. Solution may require some new planning and resource elements but unless exceptional unlikely to be totally bespoke.
* Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
* Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client or internal business benefit.
* Must have proven ability to apply relationship management skills and to be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships at senior (e.g. GM and above or prime external customer). Third party suppliers may have to managed in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
* Directs and manages on all elements of project and should guide Project Managers. Might lead a team on a portfolio of 'small' projects.
* Acts as lead change agent with ability to channel resources effectively internally developing better delivery practice or ability to identify the change impact on the organisation, identify stakeholders and manage relationships, risk and engagement to deliver the project's outcomes successfully.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Experience of complex (please see project matrix for further detail) project delivery and relationship management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties.
* Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threatened to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
Technologies and Products
* SIEM (cloud & On Premise), DLP, Managed NextGen Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto) & IPS/IDs (McAfee), Secure Web Gateway, Vulnerability Management & Vulnerability Scanning, Endpoint Protection, LAN/WAN network, MPLS, Internet connect, Privilege Access Management, Identity & Access Management, Network Access Control, Networking.
* Good technical understanding of Cisco network and security product line more recently to include identity services, segmentation and network access control.
* Experience in Enterprise Security : Cyber Security, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, NextGen Firewalls, Identity Access Management, Privilege Access Management
* Five to seven years' experience of leading complex security projects.
* Experience of delivering to clients directly and delivery of significant security products
* Experienced in using formal Project Management methodology such as Prince2, APMP, ITIL qualification, Risk Management Qualification or 6 Sigma.
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.