This position is not yet funded
Cyber Security Project Engineer
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
As a Cyber Security Project Engineer you will assess, research, plan, and enact security measures to protect an organization from security breaches and attacks on its computer networks and systems.
* Applies experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (XACTA, RedSeal, Nessus, Splunk, McAfee ePO, and/or other vulnerability scanners)
* Applies experience with RMF, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, and NISPOM
* Applies experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
* Applies knowledge of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)
* Utilizes project management rigor and experience to support cyber security assessments and similar activities and tasks
* Has the ability to multi-task with various projects in a diverse and unique environment
* Facilitates regular evaluation and ensure business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place
* Maintains and ensures current security designs, architecture and technical approach are identified and documented in the relevant instructions, policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and guidance
Board certified in relevant security programs (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, NCSF, CAP, etc.)
Demonstrated experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (XACTA, RedSeal, Nessus, Splunk, McAfee ePO, and/or other vulnerability scanners)
Demonstrated experience in IT best practices regarding application, enterprise system, and network security
Demonstrated experience in identifying and managing risk in an enterprise environment.
Demonstrated experience writing technical documents that addresses complex and sensitive issues
Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills
Possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.