Join NBCUniversal Cyber Security and accelerate our security engineering by building an approach, tools, and documentation for infrastructure automation and public cloud adoption.
This role is a part of the Cyber Security Platforms team, responsible for security technology that supports the entire NBCUniversal enterprise. You'll be responsible for setting architecture standards, building tooling, and ensuring the health and well-being of our infrastructure.
* Establish, sustain, and improve highly-available, secure, and scalable foundations for core on-premise and cloud security services
* Define strategies and develop tooling for configuration management, containerization, secrets management, and build automation
* Partner with security experts to build new platforms and migrate existing security tools to automated, cloud-delivered solutions - reduce friction and enable self service as much as possible
* Provide documentation and resources to enable other technologists to leverage new tooling and architectures
* Define repeatable processes around the operational tasks for deploying and managing security platforms in the cloud
* Work closely with security vendors on their latest cloud security offerings to help develop future roadmaps
* Mentor engineers and other technologists to develop and evangelize a devops mindset. Help them understand the domain, ask hard questions, think strategically, and grow as engineers.
* Hands-on, practical experience with building automated, scalable systems in public cloud environments
* Experience integrating cloud and on-prem solutions utilizing 3rd party tools and/or native AWS feature sets.
* Advanced-level knowledge and experience with scripting in one more languages
* Familiarity with modern software engineering practices such as source code management/version control, continuous integration/delivery and automated build tooling, and test processes
* Comfort navigating a traditional on-premise IT estate and enterprise processes
* An understanding of risk, secure cloud configuration, and infrastructure best practices that support a secure cloud infrastructure strategy
* A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
* Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
* Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders
* Experience as a security analyst or engineer, or working with security infrastructure such as anti-virus/NGAV, IDS/IPS, SIEM, or other technologies
* History in a global corporate environment, driving results across multiple business elements with different priorities and governance
* Familiarity and expertise within our existing tech stack: AWS, Python, Ansible, Kubernetes
* A proven track record of migrating significant legacy IT applications and tools to modern, cloud-first architectures