* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19023656
In support to the Cyber Security Fusion Center (CSFC) mission, the CSFC Core Team is responsible for analyzing cyber threat information designed to increase Citi's cyber threat awareness and protection levels. By providing awareness, indications, warnings, and operational readiness, the CSFC Core Team protects the Citi brand, global business operations, technology infrastructure and client trust against global cyber threats.
In order to achieve these results, this position will be responsible for:
* Supporting the CSFC efforts for all Audit and Regulatory efforts for the Global Cyber Teams.
* Overseeing the internal CSFC synchronization program which provides a structured approach to align products, processes, staff development and messaging among all CSFC locations and staff.
* Overseeing the fusion centers global Project Management effort to ensure CSFC goals, corrective action plans are met on time and as expected; priority tasks are accomplished and well-coordinated; and process reviews, compliance requirements, and quality assurance milestones are completed effectively.
* Overseeing other Program Management efforts including the CSFC budget, staffing and external engagement efforts with Audit and Regulatory bodies.
* Tracking CSFC lessons learned following cyber crisis exercises, real world events, and execution of daily processes, to ensure that they are implemented by the appropriate owners in a timely manner.
* Liaising with other Citi information security, operations centers and internal groups, such as Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Cyber Risk to develop additional collaboration opportunities as well as incorporate best practices into the CSFC.
* Presenting recommendations and findings to all CSFC team members and leadership regularly.
* Supporting all CSFC activities when crisis management processes are invoked.
* Preparing written reports and presenting on a variety of CSFC related topics to internal and external customers.
* Routinely liaisons with a variety of external partners to build greater situational awareness and enhance partnerships for the Cyber Security Fusion Center and its partners.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* At least 6 years of experience in Information Security
* Experience in project management is a plus
* Proven ability to successfully collaborate with global corporate teams particularly in the areas of technology and/or security
* Strong internal compliance, audit, and risk management experience
* Understanding of or competency in deliberate planning
* Ability to quickly review cyber threat or risk information to determine its significance, validate its accuracy and assess its reliability to technical and non-technical audiences
* Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with little oversight
* Strong cyber security and cyber threat landscape situational awareness skills
* Proven ability to develop new relationships and create new partnerships, significant business development experiences a plus
* Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills for both internal and external customers
* Proven ability to develop project management plans and then hold teams accountable for on-time and on-target results
* CISA, CISSP, PMP or other security, program management certifications preferred
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.