AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
Cyber Security Engineer - HBSS -19-004
As a growing Department of Defense Contractor, AUSGAR Technologies is expanding its workforce and has a NEW OPENING for a Cyber Security Engineer.
The Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Cybersecurity (CS) Engineer is a member of the NCTE CS team under the Navy Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Division, Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). The NCTE CS team provides systems security solutions and security administration for the operation of NCTE's live, virtual and constructive training and NETTN networks in support of US Fleet Forces (USFF) and the Number Fleets.
The NCTE CS Engineer will assist in the assessment and assistance of Host Based Security System (HBSS) in an enterprise environment. The successful candidate will monitor compliance of the HBSS ePO server's environment and validate the security posture of NETTN. The engineer will be required to spot-check and verify that the HBSS sever are updated and operated and maintained in accordance with OPORDs, TASKORD and best practices. The NCTE CS engineer will also perform Data Transfer Agent (DTA) functions as required.
The NCTE CS Engineer will:
* Monitor and verify existing HBSS based protection infrastructure.
* Monitor and verify assigned HBSS servers
* Investigate events, generate reports, and act as incident first responder
* Perform Low to high DTA functions.
* Liaison between Engineering, R&D and SysAdmin in order to engineer security solutions IAW DoD policy
* Develop and present spreadsheets showing analysis of findings
* Attend and lead working groups to determine architectural CS requirements
* Interpret CS tasking from various sources and determine the best way to implement that guidance in a large enterprise.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5 -10 years of HBSS Vulnerabity Analysis Experience .
Desired experiences include HBSS Management, System Administration or network engineering skills. Additional systems engineering knowledge, experience with modeling and simulation, database, or programming would be a bonus. Knowledge of malware, Trojans, viruses, and proper response to these exploits is necessary. Understanding of network infrastructure technologies such as VPN, web server technologies, and MPLS is desired.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of Cybersecurity experience preferred.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certification, required.
* Hands-on Experience in Navy RMF and system testing required.
* Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance.
* Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to travel as needed (15% or less).
* Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.