L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Cyber Security Engineer at our Power Management - Leesburg, VA location.
This position has technical responsibility for cyber security of projects from conception to delivery and maintenance for computer based applications used primarily in United States Military applications.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Serving as Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project teams
* Working with customers, management, and project teams to gather, comprehend, and clearly articulate security-related requirements, success criteria, and metrics
* Developing DOD security authorization package documentation including Platform IT (PIT) Designation requests, PIT Risk Acceptance (PRA), and Authority to Operate (ATO) under RMF for DOD projects
* Developing supporting documentation including System Security Plans (SSP), POA&Ms, Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS) reports, and artifact collections such as scan reports and checklists
* Reviewing and assessing compliance of L3 development projects against RMF security controls, assessing and documenting applicability/non-applicability, how the controls have been implemented, and risk mitigations
* Using automated scanning tools (i.e., Nessus and DISA SCC tool) and perform manual checks to assess security baseline of L3 developed projects against relevant DISA STIGs and SRGs
* Configuring and applying antivirus tools to L3 developed systems as required
* Working with development teams to assess and remediate vulnerability findings when possible by applying patches and configuration settings
* Documenting open vulnerabilities (STIGs and patches) with justifications and/or remediation recommendations and create, track, and report POA&Ms to resolution
* Serving as liaison between L3 project teams and partner, customer, and DOD security personnel to clarify security requirements, report progress, and resolve issues
* Estimating and planning work efforts, evaluate risks, and develop and report key metrics for reporting to management
* Monitoring, evaluating, and continuously improve L3 project teams' security efforts by being a trusted advisor, facilitator, and problem solver
* Rigorously document work procedures and train others to perform tasks as required
* Sharing best practices and identify opportunities to implement improvements to company engineering organization cybersecurity-related work instructions and project team procedures
* Continuously monitor developments in DOD cybersecurity policies and procedures
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* IND * LI-AH1
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or Cybersecurity
* 4 or more years of experience in cybersecurity related work
* Prior experience with vulnerability scanning and antivirus tools including Tenable Nessus, STIG viewer (and STIGs), DISA SCC tool and benchmarks, and McAfee
* Prior hands-on experience imaging, installing, patching, and configuring physical and virtual Windows and Linux operating systems and network devices
* Knowledge of DOD/DON cybersecurity compliance processes including DoD 8500.01, DODI 8510.01 / RMF Framework and controls, OPNAVINST 5239.1D, and DISA STIGs / SRGs
* Prior experience developing DOD/DON compliance documentation including PIT Designation, PRA, System Security Plans (SSP), and POA&Ms
* Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows™, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®).
* Working knowledge of project management systems and AutoCAD Electrical.
* Works well individually or in a group setting
* Effectively works well with other employees
* Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
* Willingness to travel (15%)
* Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.