Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the system engineering of security & cyber products and solutions for both BT and its clients globally to time, cost and quality. The Cyber Security Designer will bring additional insight into current developments within the security industry and will assist with developing new and enhancing existing capabilities within the BT Security Portfolio. The candidate will have keen interest in all aspects of the cyber security industry and will be able to lead initiatives both within the organisation and out to customers. Additionally, the Cyber Security Designer will leverage their knowledge and expertise with various customer engagements and be comfortable working with, and presenting to customer stakeholders, both internal and external.
What you'll be doing
* Provide design input into further developing the capabilities of BT's security platforms and offerings.
* To develop comprehensive security use cases that leverage a range of security technologies and data sources.
* To provide analytical and innovative input to projects.
* Upskill team members in the domain of cyber security products and development.
* Develop automated security focused workflows.
* Provide design input to security dashboards and reports.
* Provide recommendations on appropriate sensors and data feeds required to fulfil security use cases.
* Represent BT at customer security workshops in both a presales and post-sales capacity.
* Participate in the design, development, integration and testing of cyber security platforms and services.
* Maintain knowledge of current trends and product offerings in cyber security industry.
* Maintain knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
* Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
* Apply security knowledge to enhance and evolve BT's managed security services.
* Apply industry standard frameworks to aid the development of threat models.
* Apply these threat models to develop new use cases for BT portfolio products to detect existing and emerging
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Extensive knowledge leveraging security skills to find innovative approaches to problems.
* Ideas on how to leverage advanced analytic capabilities and apply them to security use cases.
* Extensive knowledge of the SIEM technologies and the challenges associated with designing and integrating.
* Knowledge of a wide range of current security products and technologies.
* Understanding on how security operations centres operate.
* Experience working within a CERT team a bonus.
* Experience knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
* Works under broad direction.
* Full accountability for own technical work and project responsibilities.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
* Work is often self-initiated.
* No formal qualification required, just a great personality, skills and experience.
* 5 years in a design/architecture role or 5 years in a SOC / SIEM type role or 5 years in a security operations or consulting role.
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.