Cyber Risk Services Senior Consultant - Cyber Incident Response
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in projects ranging from large scale malware incidents, to single system insider threat investigations, to security assessments and incident response policy and procedure creation or modification? Can you adapt to an environment where almost every case is different from the one before? Can you deal with changing requirements from project to project, learn what you need to get the job done, and produce accurate and timely results? Deloitte's Cyber Risk services help organizations address timely and pervasive issues such as identity theft, data security breaches, data leakage and system outages across organizations of various sizes and industries, with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Work you'll do
* Conduct advanced computer and network forensic investigations relating to various forms of malware, computer intrusion, theft of information, denial of service, data breaches, etc.
* Assist clients in identifying and remediating gaps as identified throughout the investigation
* Provide clients guidance and advice in regards to cyber incidents, forensics, and incident response
* Document findings and create well written reports
Deloitte Cyber Risk team is the "boots on the ground" that manages and responds to live incidents, using their skills in digital forensics, incident response, IT security, and incident handling. We are expected to be and treated as subject matter specialists in our field. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
* 3+ years of information security experience in one or more of the following areas: IT security, incident handling and response, exploit analysis, network intelligence gathering, vulnerability management, digital forensics methods and procedures
* Must have Linux/Unix technical experience including creation and modification, administration, troubleshooting, and/or forensic and Incident Response experience
* Actual technical skills. Should be able to conduct an investigation from start to finish given a wide variety of available tools and resources.
* 3+ years of experience with at least two of the following tools: X-ways Forensics, Forensic Explorer, EnCase Forensic, EnCase Enterprise, AccessData FTK, Volatility, SANS SIFT, Carbon Black, Internet Evidence Finder
* Familiarity with threat intelligence and applied use within incident response and forensic investigations
* 3+ years of experience with malware analysis and understanding attack techniques
* Experience interpreting, searching, and manipulating data within enterprise logging solutions
* Experience working with network, host, and user activity data, and identifying anomalies
* BA/BS in computer science, management information systems or related field or significant industry experience required.
* CISSP, CISM, EnCE, CEH, GCFA, GCFE, or GCIH certification required.
* Willingness to travel extensively and/or on short notice is required.
* Ability to demonstrate an investigative mindset. Not just being able to execute a task, but being able to understand the reason for that task, and determine next steps depending on the results while maintaining a firm grasp of the overall goals of the entire process.
* Demonstrable personal interest in computing, security, and digital communications
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATESRCLC111CIR