Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
At Withum, we have experience helping organizations stay protected from cyber attacks of all kinds along with internal rogue employee activities. Unlike many cyber consulting companies, we offer comprehensive, full-service packages of cybersecurity solutions. From compliance assessments and protection plans, to detection and recovery services, we can help establish an effective cybersecurity program designed to keep your assets and information secure.
Withum Cyber is currently accepting applications for a Cyber and Mobile Forensic Expert. As the name implies, forensic computer investigators and digital forensic experts reconstruct and analyze digital information to aid in investigations and solve computer-related matters. They look into incidents, for example: legal support matters, hacking, trace sources of computer attacks, and recover lost or stolen data. They often analyze computers as well as audio, video and other digital devices to find information.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* Perform forensic data acquisition / collection (performed onsite, in our offices, and remotely), in support of forensic investigations and electronic discovery matters. This will include a wide variety of data sources, such as endpoints, mobile devices, mail/archiving platforms, social media, enterprise collaboration platforms, etc.
* Conduct detailed forensic analysis as part of investigative / expert witness engagements (e.g. spoliation of evidence, misappropriation of trade secrets, employee malfeasance, etc).
* Conduct a comprehensive data breach and security incident investigation, consulting with existing Data Security experts where applicable.
* Proficient in the dismantling and rebuilding of any affected system or network, in order to retrieve potentially important data.
* Collected evidence will need to be sorted and compiled ready for any potential legal case that may take place.
* Aid and assist lawyers and other investigators in understanding the implications of their findings regarding the collected evidence.
* Expert testimony as an expert witness may be required to be provided in a court of law.
* Training regarding more complex cases involving cybercrimes may be required.
* Proficient in the forensic evidence discovered in order to find the root causes of any successful attacks and penetrations into the affected organizations IT and Data Security systems.
* Work independently, and as part of a team, to ensure that jobs progress quickly and with high quality
* Effectively communicate job status and potential issues with co-workers and management
* Conduct professional consultation
* For clients including training, project management, and litigation support/problem-solving
* Assist in collection of data in the laboratory environment or onsite, as needed.
* As subject matter expert provide guidance and consultation to most effectively and efficiently provide requested services.
* Operating within a close team of computer forensics, fraud examiners, and other IT investigative experts.
* Cross train with computer forensics, fraud examiners, and IT/IT Security team member(s)
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's Degree, certification or equivalent work
* Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) certification
* 3 plus years of IT or industry related experience
* Strong technical skills proficiency in the following areas: computers, mobile devices, and servers (database, email, and file shares)
* Strong knowledge of and experience with mobile forensics and using forensic tools
* Strong communication
* Understanding how data works
* Proven and practical expertise in subject matter
* Careful work habits and good attention to detail
* Troubleshooting capabilities
* Able to work self-directed and as a team member and manage multiple priorities
* Determine best methods of requesting and collecting data and devices as part of ongoing investigations
* Integrity in analysis work performed.
* Maintaining the quality in client deliverables.
* Managing the gathering caseload intelligence.
* Up to date knowledge of IT Security hardware, software and solutions
* Up to date understanding of rules and regulations pertaining to IT Security and Data Protection
* An appreciation of ISO 27001/27002 standards plus ITIL and COBIT frameworks knowledge
* Practical experience using computer operating systems such as MS Windows, UNIX/Linux
* An understanding of human behavior and motivations together with IT Skills
* An analytical mind with the ability to make sense of many different data inputs.
* The ability to objectively asses any findings prioritizing evidence by importance
* Organization, efficient and able to work unsupervised under own initiative
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, will be reporting on forensic findings
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.