Cyber threats, social media, massive data storage, privacy requirements and continuity of the business as usual require heavy information security measures. As an information security specialist, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect the business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience. You will be working with our Advanced Security Centers to access the most sophisticated tools available to fight against cybercrime.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Cyber threats continue to evolve and pose serious risks within the business environment. EY's Cybersecurity as a Service (CaaS) offering addresses the ongoing operational requirements through the following services:
* Threat Detection and Response
* Threat Exposure Management
* Identity & Access Management
* Data Protection
Clients retain CaaS to defend their environment and respond when threats are detected. As a CaaS security professional you will belong to a globally connected team of security professional delivering 24x7 services from our Dallas Cyber Center.
What this means for you
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing you an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication and client-management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities. EY Security professionals possess diverse industry knowledge, along with unique technical expertise and specialized skills. If you are interested in "building a more secure and trusted working world," being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Advisory Services is for you. Apply today!
* Perform configuration and deployment of vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
* Provide customized reports and risk rankings of vulnerabilities tailored to client's environment
* Perform asset discovery scans and categorize and tag assets
* Document remediation tasks to application and system owners
* Track vulnerabilities from identification through to remediation using ticketing systems
* Manage asset, configuration, and vulnerability databases
* Perform deep-dive analysis of vulnerabilities by correlating data from various sources
* Determine if critical systems or data have been impacted and advise on remediation
* Troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues with network scanning and security assessment tools
* Support tier-1 analysts in performing day-to-day operations
* Provide timely, comprehensive and accurate information to Senior Operations Analyst in both written and verbal communications
* Proactively research and monitor security-related information sources to aid in vulnerability discovery
To qualify, candidates must have:
* 2+ years of work experience in Information Security, especially in a security operations or technical risk assessment role
* Demonstrated competence in a variety of IT concepts, practices and procedures
* Understanding of software security, network security, and information technology management technologies and principles
* Knowledge of vulnerability management, patch management, and configuration management best practices
* Familiarity with common exploitation techniques and the applications of Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) and Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
* Experience operating vulnerability and compliance scanning tools such as Qualys Vulnerability Management and Policy Compliance, Rapid7 Nexpose or InsightVM, Tenable Nessus or Security Center, etc.
* Experience performing root cause analysis of security events and incidents.
* Experience interpreting security advisories. Ability to leverage diverse sources to gain a technical understanding of a vulnerability, its exploitation, and potential impact.
* Technical experience discovering, validating, and remediating network and software vulnerabilities
* Experience analyzing data and producing informative reports, with precision and attention to detail. Familiar with techniques to validate data sanity.
* Familiarity with multiple operating systems including Unix/Linux and Windows
* Hands-on experience with SIEM and ITSM/ticketing solutions.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
* Develop the requisite expertise, knowledge, and ability to perform independently through mentorship, including mentoring and sharing expertise with Associate staff
Preferred qualifications include:
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related area of study
* 3-5 years of overall professional IT experience
* Network Security certifications (CISSP, C|EH, Security+, SANS, ISACA, product certifications)
* Quality Management training/certification (e.g. ITIL, Six Sigma, TQM)
* Experience implementing scanning architectures
* Experience with data analysis and visualization technologies.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.