Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Cyber Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is a junior-level position. This position will be located in Vienna, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Treasury GSOC program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provides support with planning, coordinating, and implementing the organization's information security.
* Provides support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems.
* Experience in several of the following areas is required; understanding of business security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products, and current internet/EC technology.
* Ability to serve as Information Systems Security Officer.
* Provides technical input to the Senior Security Specialist related to FISMA issues and, when required, provides technical input to the IRS FISMA reporting team.
* Provides highly technical and specialized guidance, and solutions to complex security problems.
* Performs analyses and studies.
* Prepares reports and gives presentations to management. Performs duties independently or as a member of a team.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* 3 years experience with a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
* Understanding of business security practices and procedures
* Knowledge of current security tools available
* Ability to serve as Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
* Hardware/software security implementation
* Different communications protocols
* Encryption techniques/tools available
* Familiarity with commercial products and current internet/EC technology
* Requires a Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
One of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC GCED, SANS GIAC GCIH, SANS GIAC GCFA, SANS GIAC GREM, SANS GIAC GCFE, SANS GIAC Gold, ISC2 CCFP, CERT CSIH, EC Council CHFI, EC Council ECIH
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.