Mckinsey & Company
* University degree ideally in computer science, mathematics, engineering or business degree with specialization in technology management. Advanced degree is a plus.
* 8+ years of work experience in Cyber Security as well as in the field of tech, consulting and/or business intelligence
* Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, consulting start-up environment
* Ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
* Ability to demonstrate program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments
* Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
* Ability to work in new, cross-functional environments
* Comfort with the idea of "being your own manager"
* Ability to manage small teams (e.g., research teams, presentation specialists) and work with these teams in an agile way
* Strong client-focused mindset
* Sound problem-solver who can quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
* Curious, willing to push themselves and want to learn
* Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English - both verbally and in writing
* Willingness to travel frequently
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Cyber Solutions team at one of our hubs in New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Waltham or Silicon Valley with frequent client travel as needed for impact.
Cyber Solutions is part of McKinsey's Risk practice and is a portfolio of software-enabled consulting and other consulting methodologies that helps institutions measure and improve digital resilience and assess and manage cybersecurity risk. These tools include Digital Resilience Assessment - a solution that benchmarks an organization's cybersecurity against best practices and peers and evaluates areas for improvement; Cyber Risk Insights - a solution for identifying and analyzing the extent to which a company's critical information assets are at risk and prioritizing ways to reduce and manage such risk; Executive Cyber Simulations - a solution for "war gaming" cybersecurity breaches to in order to assess the business leadership's ability to respond to a cyber attack. We are also a team of expert consultants that solves core strategic problems in areas related to cybersecurity.
McKinsey's Risk Practice is global and supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control. Our clients include top financial institutions and industrial corporations. As our Risk Practice continues its rapid expansion, and Cyber Risk is becoming increasingly important for our clients, we are seeking a range of consultants to join us as part of our cybersecurity tribe.
What You'll Do
Working as part of a client service team, you will work with experts to help resolve our client's strategic technology and cyber risk issues, to bring cutting-edge insight to our clients and create sustainable impact.
You will also work closely with Cyber Solutions leadership and Risk resources to define, set up, and manage workstreams and engagements to solve complex problems. You will often work on multiple projects simultaneously (though typically only one client-facing), and will be at the core of bridging client business challenges with Cyber Solutions' capabilities. You will independently lead and engage with client representatives and McKinsey generalists and other experts in joint problem-solving sessions. You will drive, define, and deliver new methodologies to solve new problems, as well as use our tools to deliver our core methodologies.
You will master the methodology embedded into Cyber Solutions core offerings, as well as be a leader in defining approaches to solve the most cutting-edge problems. By developing a deep understanding of Cyber Solutions and cybersecurity expert consulting, you will be able to clearly articulate the benefits of Cyber Solutions to clients, both external and internal, and how they are implemented in an organization.
You will own and develop an area of knowledge to bring impact to clients in newer and deeper ways. Outside of daily client service responsibilities, you will counsel generalist consultants on areas of expertise and engage in generalist teams' client meetings. You will also make a significant contribution to the Risk practice by helping develop our expertise in this area and the opportunity to shape this fast-growing initiative. As a consultant, you will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.