Cyber Engineer - Senior Software Reverse Engineer
Req #: 223506
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
Come join CACI's exciting and cutting-edge Cyber Capabilities and Development Division as we push the envelope to enable our nation's cyberspace operations! As a Senior Software Reverse Engineer you will perform various development, testing, and reverse engineering activities. You will work closely with cyber developers, researchers, and customers to solve hardware problems and reverse engineer complex systems.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Analyze and reverse engineer software binaries and firmware to identify functional behavior on traditional and embedded systems.
* Protocol analysis of communication channels.
* Conduct code review and vulnerability analysis on software/firmware to identify potential vulnerabilities.
* Perform static and dynamic analysis of software and firmware using tools like IDA Pro, GDB and WinDBG to research the behavior of binaries.
* Draft and deliver technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the assessed software/firmware to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Brief the customer and accurately capture in writing the findings of analysis.
* Perform pattern analysis to identify critical information.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least ten (10) years of related experience. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
* Expert background in reverse engineering and network security tools including IDA Pro, GDB, WinDdbg, Windows Sysinternals, Kali Linux, and Wireshark.
* Advanced programming knowledge/background in C, C++, Python, and x86/x64/ARM Assembly.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Expert level background conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reporting.
* Background demonstrating a thorough understanding of compiler specifics, operating system concepts, security models, and the causes of most vulnerabilities and how to exploit them.
* Expert background and understanding of the types and techniques of cyber exploitation and attack including virus, worm, Trojan horse, logic bomb, and sniffer to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report vulnerabilities in various architectures, networks, communications, applications, and systems.
* Background synchronizing systems implementation activities with key personnel to ensure the successful transition from development to implementation and operation.
* Background in ethical hacking and/or testing software vulnerabilities.
* Expert background in disassembly, decompilation and debugging of software systems.
* Possesses active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
These Would Be Nice to Have:
* Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA)
* GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
* Cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+)
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.