Security - Cyber Defense Technologist
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support to classified computing environments at the
Raytheon facility in Marlborough, MA. The successful candidate will interface with the Information Systems Security
Manager (ISSM) to ensure adherence to all NISPOM Chapter 8 and DAAPM policies. The ISSO will be
primarily responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems
security education and awareness. The ISSO will also assist in investigating information system security violations and help
prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions. The position routinely works with the facility security team,
program personnel, and government representatives.
This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount to be discussed at the appropriate time.
* Two (2+) years relevant experience working and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware).
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570.01-M IAM level I certified credentials (Security+ ce, etc.) within six months of hire date.
* Experience working in DoD classified operating and/or laboratory environments
* Familiarity with the execution and management of cyber incident response; preservation, containment, eradication
* Working knowledge of multiple operating systems; Windows, UNIX, Linux, Solaris
* Exposure to networking, virtual machines and/or NetApps Filers
* Previous experience working with classified information systems
* Possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
* Self-motivated and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
* Ability work independently and as a member of a team is essential
* Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
* Familiarity with implementation of Government directives and policies derived from NIST, CNSSI, DoD, or other Government Regulatory compliance standards within a professional industry
* Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
* Candidate must have a minimum of Bachelor's degree in related field of study or 8 years experience in
lieu of degree with an addition of 2 years of directly related experience,
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website:
NISPOM Chapter 8 Requirements for Industry (IS201.16)
Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
NISPOM DD254 Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISM JAFAN JSIG DCID ISSM Information Security Information Technology IT Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA IAM IAO Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Manager Microsoft Windows Office UNIX Linux HPUX Solaris, Cybersecurity
Business Unit Profile:
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has 28 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its
customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2015 sales of $6.4 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
139377 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.