The Security Engineer position is part of the Cyber Defense team responsible for incident response, threat intelligence and event co-relation for broad set of technologies under the cyber security program This position requires technical hands on experience and collaborative mindset.
* React to alerts from security infrastructure tools or intelligence and take necessary actions to stop or divert the security risk.
* Respond to escalation requests either via the Helpdesk, SOC's or other IT teams
* Tune security events and co-relation from applicable security products and sources
* Document security related processes and procedures to help secure, mature and/or enhance the security of the environment
* Produce a monthly security operations dashboard with key performance indicators (incidents, metrics, security threats, intelligence etc.)
* 24x7 On Call duties apply.
* Analysis & Judgment
* Technical Competence
* Drive results
* Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 2 years of hands on or working knowledge with FireEye, NAC, Antivirus, File Integrity Management, Intrusion Presentation, Network Firewalls, Application Firewalls, Web Proxy, Logging & Monitoring, and DLP
* 2 years of hands on experience with security event response and correlation from key security products and services (network traffic analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis, etc..)
* 2 years of experience with Operating systems, host security and Network security fundamentals (policies, encryption, configuration)
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Security.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.