Ernst & Young
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The role of the Security Architecture Cyber Defense Domain Architect is designed to directly support the Global Lead for Security Architecture within Information Security. This role will serve in an individual contributor capacity with strong collaboration with other Security Domain & Solution Architects. Security domains include: Data Security, Endpoint/Server Security, Application/Platform Security, Network/Infrastructure Security, and Vulnerability/Security Management. The domain architect is expected to provide thought leadership at an enterprise level in the area of Cyber Defense and more specifically, will define conceptual approaches and architectures to challenging security problems and needs. Domain architects are expected to serve as the initial intake for new security projects and concepts and initiate delivery of new security technology solutions. Domain architects will provide the foundational direction for projects/concepts that will be delivered by Security Solution Architects. Domain Architects will be expected to serve as an escalation point for the Security Solution architect where necessary.
Your key responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
* Provide security thought leadership at an enterprise level
* Establish and document security visions, directions, and approaches
* Provide architecture consulting & guidance to project teams and other areas of the organization
* New Security Service blueprinting/framing
* Track and monitor security product landscape, specific to relevant security technologies and vendors
* Aid in critical decision-making for in-house security services (e.g., technology/service ever-greening, directional shifts in technology, technology/service sunsetting)
* Perform and document security research with the potential for architectural modelling & prototyping of solution options
* Manage technology standard lifecycle for related technologies
* Liaise with Security Strategy in an effort to deliver on key business and organizational objectives
* Serve as an escalation point for Security Solution architects
* Development of conceptual security architectures
* Development of conceptual operate models
* Development of reference architectures
* Development of security technology standards
Analytical/decision making responsibilities:
Individuals in this role must be well versed and educated in common Information Security practices and the CISSP domains, as well as possess general Information Technology experience. They must be able to leverage these experiences and education to identify opportunities for improvement in the firm's present information security architecture relevant to their respective domains. While sole decision-making opportunities around the user of direction of security technologies will not exist, it is expected that the individual will make crucial recommendation that are well-thought out, justifiable, and trusted.
Further, individuals must be able to meld key tenets of information security, through policy and best practices, to the IT strategies to develop technical security strategies that properly align. It is anticipated that Security Architects will work through their leadership to gain an understanding and perspective on emerging IT strategy as part of these efforts.
Although this role is an individual contributor role, it requires significant cross-teaming across the various Security Domain Architects along with Security Solution Architects. The candidate must have the ability and willingness to lead by example and in partnership with their team.
Skills and attributes for success
Individuals in this role must demonstrate an ability to think beyond standard constructs, in a creative, yet grounded fashion. This role requires significant experience in not only the Information Security arena, but also wider IT organization. The individual must demonstrate confidence and decisiveness in helping to set direction and must exhibit self-awareness in terms of both areas of strength as well as weakness. Opportunities to collaborate and lean on others will be plentiful, but by the same token, the individual must possess the ability to quickly become near-subject-matter-experts in areas where he or she is less-familiar or experienced. This role requires significant dexterity due to the ever-changing world of technology and the dynamic nature of EY / EY Technology.
Understanding and value for the end customer is critical. This role requires experience in client-service relationships and an appreciation for the voice of the customer.
Individuals in this role must have significant experience presenting to and developing written collateral/artifacts for executive and leadership levels within an organization. Domain leads are expected to possess exceptional communication skills and keen awareness and appreciation for his/her audience.
* Experience developing security architectures (ranging from conceptual to target architecture design)
* Experience developing strategies/visions/other compelling thought pieces
* Familiarity in the development of operate models
* Wide array of technology experience (ranging from system/application development to operations/engineering to architecture)
* Ideally, the individual within this role will have held a wide array of roles within an IT organization
* Cloud experience/exposure -- particularly with regard to Microsoft cloud service offerings (e.g., O365 architecture) and Azure
* Experience in IT or security organizations supporting mobile or "disconnected" workforce
* Experience at a network level, including knowledge of cloud architectures and capabilities as well as various infrastructure platforms such as telecom, network, management/monitoring, DNS, virtualization, and wireless are all a plus
Travel requirements < 10%
To qualify for the role you must have
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, CyberSecurity, or related field of study.
* 12+ years of experience in IT or related field; 10+ years of experience in an architecture or engineering capacity; Direct information security experience is highly favorable, but not required
Ideally, you'll also have
While none of the below items are required, they are preferred:
* SANS Certifications including: GSEC, ECSA, ECSP, Security+
* Familiarity/experience with SABSA or TOGAF methodology
What we look for
This role requires a keen ability to problem solve across both technical and non-technical security areas. Requirements will emanate from higher level direction set by organizational and business strategy, from key stakeholders/customers, and from the Domain Architect him-/her-self. Development of key security architectural artifacts including security visions, conceptual architectures, conceptual operate models, and reference architectures is expected. The Domain Architect will be expected to provide critical direction and thought leadership within the organization and will partake in recurring security service review sessions, designed to measure, enhance and mature technologies within the security technology catalogue. Customer service & relationship management are critical aspects to this role given the importance of understanding the direction of the enterprise as well as needs associated with the Cyber Defense Operations team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.