The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Cyber Data Scientist.
In this position, you will employ engineering and data science skills to help operators improve and augment cyber defense by developing state of the art analytics, algorithms (including machine learning and deep learning systems) an visualizations, applying these solutions to current mission sets and clearly communicating insights and observations associated with deployment.
The Analytics Capability Group (QAC) is looking for Data Scientists that can develop innovative, cutting-edge prototype solutions to tradecraft-driven problems for DoD and IC customers by blending latest research and industry best practices. We are looking for technical professionals to help us develop and implement cyber technologies, machine learning approaches, analytics and visualizations to help bolster computer network defense missions.
* Apply expertise in cyber, quantitative analysis, programming and machine learning techniques to process and interpret cyber data sets to our sponsors within DoD and IC. (80%)
* Work with sponsors to deploy, evaluate and iterate solutions to maximize effectiveness. (10%)
* Document research approaches and analysis artifacts (5%)
* Explore promising new research and maintain/gain technical edge required for projects. Share approaches and methods. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
* Programming and computer proficiency including hands-on experience developing with open source coding, analysis, database and visualization tools
* Extensive e with data transformation/conversion - extracting, transforming, parsing, porting data into defined data structures
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (technical, non-technical)
* Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
* Basic to intermediate understanding of cyber systems and networking
* Experience with machine learning and/or deep learning techniques
* Intermediate to advanced skills in networking, data analysis, visualizations and cyber operations
Special Working Conditions: Some limited travel to customer sites may be required.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.