Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have direct Oracle CX product knowledge and experience? Can you develop and review solution architectures for large, complex CX customers? Can you think creatively and combine big-picture perspective with detailed, fact-based recommendations?
Oracle is hiring action-oriented solution architects to join the CX Center of Excellence and work with our most strategic customers. Team members possess a diverse background from technology vendors, customers and Management Consulting firms with knowledge of technical, functional and information architectures, leveraging this credibility as trusted advisors with customers, partners and internally across Oracle.
The ideal candidate will be able to work directly with customers to deliver solution design reviews and ongoing architectural reviews, clearly outlining risks and potential problems to help Oracle customers deploy multiple CX applications.
This role is in Oracle's CX Product Development group, reporting to the VP Cross-CX Center of Excellence (COE). As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior-level product role requires considerable breadth of knowledge and understanding of CX solutions, industry best practices and CX-related business processes or technology designs.
The role involves analysis of the client technical, application and integration landscape to ensure Oracle CX deployments meet customer objectives. Successful candidates will develop and review solution architectures for our largest, most complex deployments. This requires intellectual discipline, a problem-solving aptitude, deep technology experience, interpersonal skills, creativity and independent judgment. This position frequently operates at the leading edge of product delivery, often in conditions of ambiguity, anticipating project risks and proposing mitigation strategies for Oracle's most complex CX projects.
* 5-10 years of experience in complex solution architecture roles
* Work experience with Customers, Solution Engineers, Oracle Consulting, Support and Customer Success, to drive CX adoption, renewal and expansion
* Hands-on experience with Oracle CX products (Sales, Marketing, Service, Commerce) as a developer, customer, consultant or partner
* Capability to engage with Oracle's most strategic customers, driving the biggest changes, representing the CX product development group to achieve the following outcomes:
* Align customer business priorities and technology strategy to present a clear, successful solution architecture;
* Develop a trusted relationship with key stakeholders;
* Reconcile multiple viewpoints to establish a clear and deliverable map to successful deployments
* Ability to publish and/or contribute to the creation and sharing of best practices, white papers, training, webinars and workshops. 15% of employee time will be allocated to these tasks
* Ability to deliver compelling presentations and reports to business and IT executives, and conduct persuasive conversations focused on multiple alternatives and clear recommendations
* Experience with enterprise architectures, integration models and technologies
* Ability to travel as needed
* A/BS degree or equivalent. Advanced degree(s) highly desirable
* Strong, independent thinker with the ability to build credible relationships within Oracle and customer environments
* Experience with complex implementations of CX cloud services
* Matrix leadership: inspire and collaborate with a blended team of Oracle, customers and partners to address customer challenges
* Advanced ability to manage customer escalations (internally and externally) and negotiate resolution
* Genuine passion, interest, willingness and ability to adjust to continuously changing priorities and needs
* Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
* Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops
* Intellectual curiosity
* Experience and comfort working in an environment of ambiguity:
* Able to navigate ambiguous business situations and identify a path forward
* Able to develop new approaches to accomplish work while clarifying and creating transparency across multiple constituencies
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.