CX Software Engineer - Full Stack Austin, TX
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers' journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
As part of our Customer Experience (CX) organization, the CX Technology team is responsible for maximizing business results through the innovative use of technology. You will be responsible for translating our service strategy into effective capabilities for both our customers and our agents handling customer inquiries and then advancing the technical capabilities to support those needs.
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer with experience building large-scale Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities. The perfect candidate will make it easier for our Customer Experience team to understand and solve users' problems, shape how users interact with Dropbox through our support website, integrate support ticketing with other internal systems, be a champion of secure and scalable internal development practices, and build tools that help users diagnose and solve issues on their own.
* Designing and building highly scalable AI and ML solutions
* Implementing internal services and integrations using Python, connecting to services like Zendesk and Salesforce.
* Building user interfaces for agent support tools, front-end for our self-support platform, and agent-facing tools in Zendesk.
* Partnering with other engineering teams to integrate our support systems into all our products
* You will maintain and improve business-critical legacy systems and integrations.
* Researching technical solutions to business problems.
* Writing user documentation and operational playbooks to scale yourself, ensuring the systems you build are maintainable long-term.
* Strong software engineering background. Software engineering practitioner.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, with two or more years working on production code
* Experience building internal tools, integrating with third-party systems, or building B2B SaaS products for customer service or similar business needs
* Experience in collaborative environments and working with remote business partners
* You will have direct engineering experience in the following areas:
* Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
* Building and deploying Chatbots at scale
* Integrating and deploying open-source tools and libraries to solve problems
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.