Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its clients, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do:
* You will provide planning, designing, implementation, operation and optimization services to Cisco Customers around Cisco's Routing and Switching products and solutions.
* You will actively participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish a trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams in Routing and Switching areas and future technology trends.
* You will take TAC cases on varying technologies, driving them to resolution in a timely manner.
* You will lead or participate in complex Routing and Switching design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Tackle complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Apply good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
* You will provide technical support for clients during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Deliver migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities. Participate in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer running specific asks from the customer and handling customer expectations from on-going engagements
* You will support the Project Manager in resolution of project issues. Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure timely closure of engagements using relationship with the client to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
* You will act as a mentor to other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. You possess a high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. You are creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations. Passionate about your area of expertise and interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective, you possess a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen.
Who You'll Work With:
The CX Centers provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet client needs while improving profitability for Cisco. The CX's highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our Customer eXperience--Services Integration Team (CX-SIT) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the CX organization. The CX Centers are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Mexico City, Krakow, Raleigh and Richardson - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations.
Who You Are:
* Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 4+ years of related experience in IT industry.
* Advanced Cisco Certifications (CCNP,CCIE,CCDE etc.)
* Customer Support experience is preferred.
* Developed presentation skills. Able to present to peers on delivery topics.
* Experience troubleshooting network or application performance issues
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols.
* Hands-on experience with Cisco Catalyst Switches (6800, 6500, 4500, 3850/3650) and Enterprise Routers (ISR, ASR, 7600)
* OSS / BSS, including: Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
* CCIE Preferred
* Strong customer-facing sales and troubleshooting skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms. Client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
* Solid grasp of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is critical.
* Proven understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to foster relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
* Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication. Cisco best-practice skills to include establishing relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired, tattoed, rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.