Customer Training Specialists are responsible for preparing and delivering end-user training for TPx Communications products, which include and are not limited to Unified Communications (voice over IP telephony, instant messaging, mobility features, desktop sharing, call control) and Managed Services applications at various customer locations throughout the United States. This role includes creating content and conducting classes leveraging an extensive in-person and webinar training experience. Candidate must have a passion for training and be able to relate to their audience. Regular travel is essential based on the needs of the business. This position must be comfortable being the "Face of TPx."
Reports to (Supervisor/Manager):
Manager, Hosted Service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deliver various approved trainings in person and webinar (web-based) remote training sessions to our internal and external customers to support current processes.
* Assist with development of training materials for new products, applications, or other required deliverables.
* Learn functionality and administration of TPx product offerings.
* Learn and adapt to new telephony and data technologies and quickly incorporate those learnings into training sessions.
* Consult with subject matter experts to understand technical requirements.
* Engage with Service Delivery to define custom training needs.
* Quickly respond to training requests and coordinates training, logistics, and delivery with managers, subject-matter experts, fellow team members, and customer resources.
* Review and use project documentation to provide a standard or unique training experience for each customer.
* Complete project records like activity log, expense report, etc. for each training class conducted.
* Document project management applications to ensure all team members are aware of the status of different training projects.
* Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and knowledge of the TPx platform through training delivery and training materials.
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with key internal and external customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
* Communicate concisely back to Service Delivery service design changes and/or discrepancies identified during training.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in adult education, business, or technology preferred, or a combination of education and training-related experience.
* Two or more years of experience in delivering training in professional, corporate environments to various levels of business organizations ranging from front-line representatives to C-level officers.
* Ability to communicate complex instructional material to a wide range of audiences via visual and interactive aids.
* Experience with VoIP or related PBX systems preferred.
* Experience using PC-based project management systems such as MS Project and Visio; high-level skills with other PC tools, such as spreadsheet and database programs, are a definite plus.
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Superior communication and training acumen.
* Excellent in-person and remote training skills.
* Prior training experience with small to enterprise-sized organizations.
* Solid organizational, administrative, time management, and a keen sense of attention to details.
* Excellent verbal and writing skills.
* Understanding of Cloud-based services, networking, Internet concepts.
* Ability to travel for extensive periods at a time including traveling to different destinations per week.
* Must be flexible with work hours.
* Strong familiarity with computers and networking technologies including but not limited to Excel, MS Word, general database, and word processing software with a background and hands-on experience with CPE routers and LAN switches.
* Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the discipline necessary to work in an environment with little direct supervision.
* Will be required to drive to customer site for live on-site training appointments (approximately 10%).
* Will be required to travel outside of their region on an occasional basis (approximately 5%).
* Will be required to have a flexible work schedule as may be required to work longer than 8 hours per day as required.
* May be required to work either before or after business hours as required.
* Must have a valid Drivers' License.
* Must have a clean DMV with no more than a maximum of 3 points on driving record.
* No DUIs within the past 3 years.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs, telephone, copy and fax machine.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee will spend up to 50% of time sitting at desk, typing on keyboard, viewing computer monitor, answering telephone calls.
* During training sessions, the employee will be required to stand 50%-75% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interviews and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.