Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious customer support engineer to help support Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution.
Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of customers. In a typical day, you may go from helping a customer figure out the right way to connect to the on-board computer of a Freightliner truck to using sensor data to automate traditional pen-and-paper operations.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has spent 1-2 years in a technical support organization, and understands the day-to-day aspects of customer support - managing tickets, building a knowledgebase, and providing feedback to engineering.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our San Francisco office on Potrero Hill, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
* Maintaining a support ticket queue and responding to customers in a helpful and timely manner
* Creating and maintaining customer-facing knowledgebase articles
* Working closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary
* Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
* College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
* 1-2 years of experience in technical support
* Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
* Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
* Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
* Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
* Spanish/Bilingual Preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is a company that provides a software-centric solution for sensor models.