Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world's largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world's most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Customer Service Engineer (CSE), Hybrid Cloud Security
Term: 3 months (Temp-to-Hire)
The Customer Service Engineer is responsible for resolving challenging, potentially high impacting customer situations including but not limited to product break/fix, product deployment, and product related inquiries. The Customer Service Engineer will own the technical support relationship to drive customer satisfaction and minimize escalations by proactively managing and resolving technical issues for our customers via email, telephone, remote screen sharing, and onsite as needed.
The ideal Customer Service Engineer will demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, evidenced by their ability to expand upon core knowledge quickly. They should be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. This is a customer-facing role where you will work to solve product, system and network problems of low to high complexity and act as a focal point for problem resolution. As the Customer Service Engineer, you must be able to effectively setup and configure complex lab environments to replicate and resolve customer reported issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work with various Trend Micro departments (Support and R&D) and customers around the globe for end-to-end resolution of issues
* Interfacing with large priority customer accounts
* Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimum supervision
* Support deployment, integration and maintenance of Trend software products within customer enterprise environments while maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the entire process by providing frequent updates.
* Conduct thorough and detailed troubleshooting to provide quality support to the customer, minimizing escalations
* Availability during off-hours as per shift rotations as required (nights and weekends) to address critical issues / situations
* Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues directly related to the use, support, and implementation of Trend Micro products and solutions
* Document all interactions related to services requests (SRs) in Salesforce in accordance with Trend Micro Support SLOs
* Must be available to be on call 24x7 and be able to travel when needed
* Share best practices with other Customer Service Engineer members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support
* Maintain and expand working knowledge of current and beta (unreleased) Trend Micro products as well as their integration with 3rd-party products such as VMware, Azure, and AWS
* Participate in all projects including building vendor relationships
* Other duties as assigned
* Professional knowledge of virtualization and/or cloud technologies such as VMware vSphere, Google Cloud, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen Server, Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Containers in an enterprise environment.
* Professional knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems including Sever 2016, 2012, 2003, 2008; MSSQL 2016, 2014, 2008; Windows 10, 8, 7 in an enterprise environment
* Professional knowledge of Linux systems including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Oracle Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian in an enterprise environment
* Professional knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.)
* Experience troubleshooting complex network related issues using network monitoring and packet analysis tools
* Strong endpoint security experience, including design, implementation, and management in an enterprise environment
* Working knowledge of SSL communication and other encryption technologies
* Experience in supporting and troubleshooting end-point security solutions in an enterprise environment
* AWS, VMware, Cisco, Linux, Microsoft or any Security Certifications a plus
* Working knowledge of software development methodologies
* Programming and scripting skills, JAVA, Python, PowerShell, etc
* Practical experience with automation technologies
* Practical experience building systems on a public cloud infrastructure
* Familiarity with JIRA is a plus
* Four or more years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or IT consulting
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Self-motivated and a self-starter
* Very organized with keen awareness and attention to detail
* Excellent time management skills
* Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
* Able to reverse engineer problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
* Ability to present to small groups of technical and non-technical individuals
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.