Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We've raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking to hire a Customer Support Associate to help us provide world class support for our growing user base.
As a Customer Support Associate, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer support with empathy and emotional intelligence. You will work cross functionally to understand company-wide changes, and surface them to our users. You will also analyze incoming queries to help inform product improvements.
What You'll Do:
* Answer incoming emails via Zendesk with a focus on quality responses and thorough resolutions. Deliver extraordinary, high volume results.
* Build relationships between Codecademy and our users through an empathetic and passionate approach to customer support work.
* Analyze incoming questions and identify areas for product and process improvements.
* Develop smart, robust, and comprehensive Help Center content.
* Tackle other project based work, and work cross-departmentally with the team.
* Exchange information about the Codecademy product, and ensure it is communicated appropriately and relayed to our users.
What You'll Need:
* 2-3 years working in a customer facing support role.
* A demonstrated ability succeeding in a customer support department in a fast-paced, growing startup.
* You need to be self motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable collaborating cross functionally on a dynamic team.
* You'll need excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and feel comfortable describing technical concepts to a varied audience in an accessible way.
* You'll need to innovative and constantly looking for ways to improve things.
* A deep passion for problem solving.
* Natural interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a passion for developing customer loyalty.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
* Previous experience with Zendesk (Zendesk administration a plus!)
* Previous experience working at a startup.
* Programming experience.
* You've learned a skill on Codecademy in the past.
* You're available to potentially work on the weekend.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
Codecademy is an education company offering online training classes on coding.