How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is looking for an experienced Customer Services and Information Technology Officer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Customer Services and Information Technology Officer will provide in-depth Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and problem resolution for technology products and/or applications. Depending upon the area of assignment, CSITO work may include the following activities: technology or systems-related, centralized customer service center functions; developing and improving the processes of a centralized technology customer service center; interfacing daily with representatives from all elements of the GCS to resolve technical issues and outages; identifying, analyzing, and implementing process changes; developing performance measures for the GCS organization; soliciting and tracking customer satisfaction feedback; managing the transition of IT service and infrastructure initiatives; providing technical guidance and direction to component close support teams for all new and component specific applications and deployments.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
Coordinates the transition of IT service and infrastructure initiatives. Coordinates the worldwide implementation of IT and security policies that impact IT infrastructure. Assesses and coordinates customer impact of multiple, sometimes conflicting deployment schedules to the standard operational environment and exercises authority to proceed, delay, or cancel deliveries. Serves as stakeholder at appropriate Boards, and other control gates and readiness reviews as required. Engages with service providers or close support team members for data in support of root cause analysis. Provides input on GCS responses to proposed policy documentation that incorporates mission partner as well as service provider impacts. Propose and review new concepts, program plans, and/or policies to provide substantive input that guides implementation, including writing security plans, MOUs, and SLAs.
* Seeks to improve the processes of IS services. Identifies opportunities for new or more efficient application of the organization's technological capabilities. Gathers and analyzes data; briefs all levels of management on findings. Recommends and implements process changes.
* Solicits and tracks -wide customer satisfaction feedback. Designs survey processes to collect customer feedback. Creates database repositories for storing and retrieving customer feedback. Analyzes customer feedback; investigates problems. Provides liaison between customer and technical. Observes and reports trends
* Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
* Strong background in Microsoft systems engineering and providing support to those systems (O&M).
* Advanced knowledge of VMWare design & O&M
* Experience with tactical packages
* Windows group policy design, implementation and troubleshooting.
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange / Outlook
* Windows 2003 Suite of OS
* Windows XP Professional
* Active Directory
* SME level knowledge for EMS Infrastructure and desktop products.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in Lotus Notes/Domino engineering and O&M.
* Ability to convey technical designs, ideas, and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
* Author documents (reports, briefings, etc.) to support customer missions.
* Apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems to meet client requirements.
* Possession of excellent oral and written communications skills
* Possession of excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
* Ability to work independently as well as within small and large groups
* Capable of preparing and presenting professional briefings
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelors Degree in Technical / IT related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
* An Associate's degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
* A Bachelor's degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
* A Master's degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor's)
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E03 or E04 dependent on the experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.