Who You'll Work With
Within Cisco's Customer Experience organization, Technical Program Managers are responsible for making amazing things happen with our customers. Our CX delivery teams leverage Cisco's newest technologies to drive strategic business outcomes for our customers, and our CX TPMs help drive and manage the technical delivery strategy for these services engagements.
TPMs work with many stakeholders inside Cisco and with our customers - highly technical engineers and architects, leaders and executives, finance and business operations.
Who You Are
You are passionate about creating and leading cross-functional teams in a high-stakes environment. From experience, you have a deep understanding of the best practices that make a network engineering organization successful. You are highly organized and are energized by creating new processes and programs that leverage technology and automation to deliver strategic business outcomes. You have a passion for continuing education in the newest technologies and trends in your industry.
Key responsibilities are listed as follows:
* Organize and drive technical strategy for services delivery through regular interlock with highly-technical customer stakeholders to align on their business priorities
* Program-level leadership of Cisco services delivery engineering team to manage priorities and ensure timely delivery of value to your customer
* Design and implement new automated processes to increase services delivery efficiency and/or create new value for your customer
* Define KPIs and leverage analytics to report value of services delivery to your customer
* Continuing education for relevant technologies and industry trends that are relevant to your customer, attending conferences and training as needed
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with stake-holders (Customer, Sales, Services, Business Units, Executives, etc.)
* Communicate effectively with executives and highly technical stake-holders(s) to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
* Identify further growth opportunities within customer environment and engages with sales partners for pursuit
* Elicit stakeholder feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction and direction
* Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering, or Technology
* At least 5 years of experience in leading, delivering, or consulting for large complex projects for a network engineering or NetDevOps delivery organization as an engineer, architect, or program manager.
* Highly organized with exceptional skill for designing new processes and programs that leverage technology and automation to deliver business outcomes.
* Excellent stake-holder management, high personal impact, ability to work externally with customers and Cisco organization to align priorities, resources, and handle conflict between stake-holders
* Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills
* Self-starter, and ability to figure on the fly with information available
* Strong grasp of networking concepts such as BGP, VXLAN, MPLS, Segment Routing - CCNP/CCIE skill level
* Solid understanding of industry trends in cloud computing and networking
* Prior experience working with large-scale networks
* Passion for learning about new technologies
* "Big picture" strategic vision that ensures programmatic execution is in line with organizational, client and account goals
* Prior experience leading, implementing or executing Agile framework and tools
* "Automate first" mentality for repeatable processes
* Metric-oriented with ability to identify KPIs and leverage analytics to identify trends and optimize delivery
* Proven ability to manage several concurrent projects of medium to large size and/or strategic importance
* Comfortable managing meetings and presenting to engineers and technical leaders
* Ability to capture risks, manage changes, and guide the team towards project timelines
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.