What you'll be doing...
Verizon is in search of a CX Product Architect in the SDN/NFV area with a special focus on enabling automation for the Enterprise & SMB segments. Software Defined-Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) are disruptive technologies that will reshape the IP and Managed Services portfolio.
Verizon holds a coveted leadership position in the 2017 Gartner global network services magic quadrant.
Looking for strong entrepreneurial attitude able to coordinate both business and technology strategy based on market trends. Responsibilities will include start-to-finish activities through both direct and indirect analysis: market intelligence, customer feedback, prevailing technologies, proof-of-concept, and driving the principal architecture. You will be working in an agile environment across stakeholder organizations (including Product Management, Operations, Order Management, IT). The role requires cross-functional communication and decision making in order to drive Managed Services objectives.
* End to end automation of all aspects of customer & partner lifecycle.
* Process simplification and automation.
* Design for self-service and increased controls for customers.
* Partner engagement automation.
* Quote to provisioning automation.
* Integration with current Verizon systems.
* Lead cross functional teams to achieve CX goals.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Relevant technology experience in network, cloud, application management or security.
* Knowledge of cloud platforms (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Openstack).
Even better if you have:
* A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or engineering.
* A Master's degree. Ideally, an MBA.
* A broad understanding of Agile methodology of development, exposure to BPM, knowledge of automation approaches, Experience with systems integration.
* Ten or more years of work experience.
* Ten or more years of technology experience (Network, Cloud, Application Management, and Security).
* Technical knowledge of network (MPLS, L2/3, wireless).
* Strong Product Development background with key focus on customer experience journey.
* Strong technical background to provide systems perspective and expertise for orchestration; assurance products, services and E2E solutions.
* Deep understanding and industry expertise to provide systems perspective and expertise for existing SDN/NFV technologies and vendors.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills and lead discussions with both technical and customer facing groups.
* Out of the box thinking to identify new vendors, use cases & market opportunities for next generation managed services with SDN & NFV technologies.
* Experience in agile IT development processes and collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) as well as vendor management.
* Willingness to represent Verizon at industry conferences, tradeshows & other partner events.
* Leadership acting as a change agent in the managed services space using SDN/NFV to create/enable solutions for various channels such as large enterprise, indirect, federal/government and small/medium business markets.
* Five or more years of managed services leadership and SDN/NFV experience, preferably a blend of wireless/wireline technologies in applications, virtualization, security and network.
* Expert in crafting impactful messaging to executive internal/external audiences using PowerPoint/Word and meaningful/concise communication to peer groups via e-mail.
* Experience developing virtualized application integration frameworks both in cloud and in x86 based hardware.
* Experience with wireless and wireline technologies like software defined networks, cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), big data, security, API platforms, or 5G.
* Comfort in fast paced, results oriented and innovative environment focused on next generation network use cases using SDN/NFV technology. Ideally, you have experience in managed network services like SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, Analytics or other rising areas of network focus and want to transform managed services with the latest in SDN/NFV.
* Knowledge in the areas of managed services, cloud, SDN/NFV and virtualization (OpenStack & other virtualization platforms).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.