Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
Viasat is changing the way people connect across the globe. We are enabling connectivity experiences that people can't get in any other way at the same level: for consumers at home, in the air or on a ship, for the government, for telemedicine, for explorers. From our award-winning home-like connectivity on a plane or a ship, to home internet to millions of users, to big data and security, we thrive on pushing the boundaries of what's possible. We're never satisfied with the status quo, and we're passionate about innovating better internet and cybersecurity to serve the world. We're expanding to new airlines, to international subscribers, to dozens of new markets, and we're looking for a Customer Engineer to work with our teams. It's a challenging position with exciting possibilities. Are you ready to be a part of the challenge?
As a Customer Engineer, you will be involved in the many facets of support. Ranging from on aircraft troubleshooting, to handling escalated cases for remote support around the globe. You will identify and investigate potential and actual customer performance problems, recommend and prioritize remediation, and assess effectiveness of remediation actions. In addition, you will create performance reports for technical and management stakeholders. You will also work closely with the tools teams to communicate requirements and issues, and with developers to identify and resolve customer impacting issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with internal teams to understand and support our customers. Candidates should have the technical experience to develop and maintain expertise in Viasat Services and service architecture, and understand the performance of the core services from a customer impact perspective in order to provide Field Support.
* 3+ years experience in troubleshooting and triage of technical issues in a fast paced environment, to support customers.
* 3+ years experience in Network Operations and Product Support
* 3+ years experience working with Linux
* 3+ years experience with IP Networking
* Production level scripting skills Python, Bash.
* Keen (data-driven) decision making skills under incomplete information
* Excellent face-to-face and remote customer rapport well spoken, well written, good listener, good manners, timely responsiveness, prudence to level-of-detail
* Prior experience in a customer management or technical services role.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* Master's degree in a Technical field ie Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
* Salesforce experience, JIRA
* Experience analyzing case data and trending to gain operational efficiencies.
* Previous technical role in a DevOps workflow.
* Experience with RF Networks a plus.
* Experience/knowledge of Splunk is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.