SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for assisting the sales team with sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with developed solutions. You will also be responsible for developing and enhancing personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process, possessing a strong knowledge of SAS capabilities and participating in and leading the solutioning process. You must have the ability to relate government business problems to SAS solutions and oversee the progress of ongoing opportunities.
Responsibilities may include:
* Building a trusted relationship with the Account Executive, Sales Management and client account providing practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and setting proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Strategizing with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understanding how this activity relates to overall sales plan and providing functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
* Leveraging knowledge of the government market to increase SAS's credibility primarily in sales situations.
* Demonstrated thought leader in the government market (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, active in social media, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
* Conducting discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
* Delivering standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
* Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough, compelling and credible answers.
* Enable reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and capabilities.
* Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
* Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies internally and externally.
* Providing support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
* Working proactively with Industry Consultants, Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
Essential (minimum requirements, all candidates must have)
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
* 8 years of technical sales, systems engineering, solution engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support.
* Domain knowledge specific to State & Local Government (Criminal Justice, Health & Human/Social Services, Tax & Revenue, Transportation, Government Healthcare, Child Welfare, etc.)
* Willing to travel up to 50% (or as business needs require).
* Associate's degree in the same fields with an additional 2 years of stated essential qualifications -OR-
* High school diploma (GED) with an additional 4 years of stated essential qualifications
* Strong facilitation and communications skills.
* SAS or competitor experience in: data management, analytics and/or reporting and visualization
* Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
* Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of software or applications development life cycle.
* Public speaking experience.
* Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific solution strategies.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Preferences (nice to have)
* Experience working and engaging with personnel at all levels of State & Local Government.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn