KeyW is looking for a full-time Technical Support Specialist (Tier 2) to provide onsite support to our customer in Albany, CA (Monday through Friday). The ideal candidate must be a team player and able to interact and work cross-functionally. You will be our front-line, interacting directly with our users. You must be a strong listener and communicator, unafraid of handling the sometimes-difficult-user. You should be dependable, a quick study, and able to build strong rapport as our users will look to you for guidance. Finally, you should be technical and comfortable with and capable of translating your technical reasoning to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
* Troubleshoot information technology issues, including networking, system/application access, software, and hardware (i.e. government-issued laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and peripherals), through service calls placed to the Service Desk and through internal inquires and work requests.
* Understand, analyze, and diagnose issues related to user configuration, network and security settings, hardware/software failures, etc. to resolution and achieving customer satisfaction.
* Determine if an immediate resolution is available and if not escalate the ticket to Tier 3.
* Provide updates to customers and management on the status of urgent, recurring, and high-profile problems.
* Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
* Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
* Answering queries by telephone, escalations from Service Desk Tier 1, or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or remote customers according to company SLA's (Service Level Agreement).
* Provide Tier 1/2 triage and troubleshooting support by working on the Service Desk Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) during scheduled times.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance (Public Trust).
* Must have High School degree.
* Must have 3+ years of experience with problem management, technical customer services, or in technical help desk position, supporting computers, printers, scanners, including how these pieces of technology interact with each other.
* Working knowledge of Advanced operating/troubleshooting knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, MS Office 2016, Windows printing and printer driver installation
* Must be able to work independently.
* Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills.
* Must have good communication skills via phone call, e-mail, voicemail, walkup, fax, or Web interface. Be able to perform proper incident handling and reporting of customer issues.
* USDA FSIS and BMC Numara Footprints ticketing system experience preferred.
* A+, Network+, or Security + certification(s) desirable.
* Knowledge of ShoreTel Sky ACD
Able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
KeyW EEO Statement EEO Statement Employment decisions at the Company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of. (1) race, (2) religion, (3) creed, (4) color, (5) national origin, (6) ancestry, (7) sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), (8) age, (9) medical condition, (10) marital or domestic partner status, (11) sexual orientation, (12) gender, (13) gender identity, (14) gender expression and transgender status, (15) mental disability or physical disability, (16) genetic information, (17) military or veteran status, (18) citizenship, (19) low-income status, or (20) any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.