About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives. Position Overview: Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Systems, you will be working with key business stakeholders to plan and manage the technology used streamline key business workflows. At Foundation Medicine, our CRM is our key business automation engine and used throughout the business from the accessioning of a patient's sample through to the delivery of a medical report.
As a Product Owner, you will join a team responsible for the day to day leadership of the product development with the scrum master. You will craft a vision of what to build and communicate that vision to the scrum team. That vision will translate into a backlog from which the team will develop and enhance the solution.
* Work to understand the business strategy including both short and long-term goals.
* Work to understand the existing state of the technology and workflow supporting key business processes.
* Partner with the business to ensure systems changes are accepted and the business is ready to accept the changes.
* Work with the ScrumMaster to facilitate traditional Scrum ceremonies (such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint review).
* Have excellent communication and negotiation skills as you work with the business to set and maintain priorities.
* Assist the ScrumMaster in project management and planning.
* Support roadmap development for the product and its execution via the scrum team(s).
* Facilitate and guide the requirement definition workshop with the key client application users.
* Ideally have played an instrumental role in supporting an enterprise-scale CRM deployment within a life sciences/healthcare domain.
* Balance the demands of a technology-driven organization with the ever-expanding business needs of a growing customer user base.
* Lead requirement gathering efforts (Business Process/Business Requirements/Legacy Systems/Application Mapping).
* Represent requirements as user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
* Continuously build, refine and prioritize a product backlog.
* Participate in the Scrum Team process as both a leader, motivator and individual contributor.
* Quickly respond to questions and requests from the Scrum Team to ensure team sprint commitments are met.
* Transform business requirements to clear and comprehensive functional specifications.
Qualifications (Position Skill Set):
* Value-Centric. You will always be assessing requests from a value delivery perspective. Deliver the greatest value, quickly.
* Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of major alliance goals.
* Solutions focused. Willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
* Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the "gray zone" and anticipate challenges before they arise.
* Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
* Business-savvy. You'll be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at FMI and able to support those activities as requested.
* A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to "influence without authority" and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
* Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the collaborations.
Qualifications: (Required Skills and Experience):
* Prior experience serving as a Product Owner on an agile software development team. CSPO certification is desired but not required.
* Professional experience in agile software development in a technically oriented business environment.
* Familiarity with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Balsamiq, LucidChart, Visio.
* Ability to collaborate within cross functional teams and build strong relationships across many functional areas within the organization.
* Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.