United States of America
UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, New York - In a vibrant, urban, oasis overlooking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Come join us in this journey.
The Creative Technologist sits at the intersection of Code and Design. The ideal candidate has developed interests and competency in the two fields and understands the usefulness of engaging in both simultaneously.
As a member of a team, this person would help bring design concepts to life by creating prototypes that influence the direction of the concepts and help validate technical feasibility. This person will be expected to have opinions on Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Technical Implementation.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Create prototypes based off design concepts
* Influence the design process by providing technical validation
* Provide perspectives on best software to use given a specific need
* Keep the team informed about any relevant technology platforms
* Collaborate with design team to improve and refine interaction models
* Write code that is easy to manipulate and iterate on
Qualifications & Requirements
* Degree in computer science, design, interaction design, or related technical discipline
* 0+ years related experience
* Knowledge of various prototyping platforms
* Experience in interaction design, product design, and creative coding
* Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
* Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms