At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Job Description Uber Eats:
We're changing the way people experience food and on a mission to make eating well effortless. Uber Everything is a division of Uber that was created to explore the potential of using Uber's logistics platform to move more than just people. Uber Eats had instant product market interest and launched as it's own app in December of 2015. Only 2 years later and we are partnering with 80,000 restaurants in over 200 cities to deliver food around the world. Uber is now a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities and whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a visit from a friend, Uber ignites opportunities to earn, eat, and live life on your terms.
About the team:
The Creative + Brand Technology team for Uber Eats builds brand love and inspires action through thoughtful design, vibrant storytelling, and delightful experiences in the digital space. We are built like a small agency and work closely with a team of designers, writers, and producers to uphold the brand and service the cities who need our support. We focus on all of the Uber Eats audiences - Eaters, Delivery Partners, and Restaurant partners.
About the role:
As a Creative Technologist on the Uber Eats Creative team, you'll merge the roles of design and engineering, bringing the most innovative creative concepts to life. In a Creative Technologist role, you will need a passion for both design and technical skills. You'll work on a broad range of digital needs from product marketing launch landing experiences to informational pages that are both beautiful and highly usable. You will also work with teams across Uber to understand best practices and solve problems in a scalable and future-proof way. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in an agency and/or internal creative departments with a focus on digital and web technologies.
As a Creative Technologist, you'll work closely with Product and Creative teams to envision and ship great experiences, and your work will touch millions of users every day.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do:
* Deliver engaging web experiences using the latest front-end technologies.
* Provide technical guidance and collaborate across business strategy and creative teams through design, implementation, launch, and maintenance.
* Work closely with SEO teams to help drive traffic with direct impact on conversions and our bottom line
* Identify and prioritize efforts most impactful to design and engineering.
* Build tools and frameworks that can be largely used by the broader design and engineering teams
* Stay current on emerging technologies - research and make informed recommendations on implementation
* Stay current on design and brand trends collaborating with creatives and designers to ensure design intent is realized and even exceeded in production.
* Clearly communicating project status, risks and challenges.
What You'll need:
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Design or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience building brand experiences and marketing websites that are global and localized.
* Amazing communication and collaboration skills.
* Comfort in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing processes.
* Portfolio of work - specifying your involvement in each project you present.
* Experience working with OpenGL and/or WebGL and a plus.
* Experience working with Headless CMS, Contentful a plus.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.