Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
The Digital team defines the online and mobile customer experience for Morgan Stanley clients and advisors. As a part of the Digital team, the Platform Controls & Change Business Analyst will be a key contributor in a variety of projects responsible for evaluating risk, defining and testing controls and mitigating and resolving issues to protect Morgan Stanley Online and Mobile platforms and clients. The right candidate will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of the firm
Responsibilities will include:
This role will provide broad exposure to the leading technologies, key controls, process and remediation projects driven from proactive risk reviews, incidents or audits. The main responsibilities for this role will be to understand and communicate the root cause and target state to support the project lifecycle and target state implementation.
* Facilitate business analysis and ensure on-time delivery of complex projects spanning client, party and account entitlements, electronic document delivery, authentication & security, operational control and fraud. For key products, prepare presentations and management briefings.
* Oversee or prepare RFPs for core vendor relationships and technology
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Technology, Risk, Banking product, Operational Risk, Operations, Security, Legal Fraud Operations & AML to understand business requirements, information technology standards, information security policies, and other considerations that influence how identity and access solutions and services should perform
* Contribute to identity & authentication strategy and program activity for Morgan Stanley Online/Mobile Platforms
* Develop Business Requirement Documents and Use Cases for Online and Mobile platforms and work closely with Technology and Operations to oversee project implementation
* Product/Project management skills with 2-3 years with online and/or mobile product implementation
* At times, directly or indirectly lead teams or supervise staff and work product delivery
* Deep understanding of digital security systems and vendors
* Experience creating, authoring and owning Business Requirement Documents and Use Cases for Online and Mobile platforms
* Experience in full lifecycle projects - ownership and defining and executing all phases from business requirements to QA in waterfall, Agile and hybrid approaches
* Experience supporting product initiatives involving multiple systems and processes, working through technical, operational, legal and business issues.
* Ability to develop and nurture both internal and external relationships including soft-skills negotiating critical path dependency deadlines or supporting branch issues
* Prior experience in Wealth Management systems and projects; FinTech, Online or Mobile products; self-directed and robo-advisor platforms; Online Security for a digital bank/wealth manager; Control improvement or Remediation projects
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact at all levels
* Independent self-starter with ability to manage multiple activities in aggressive deadlines with autonomy and minimal supervision
* Thought-leader - strong familiarity with industry trends and best practices, and a perspective on how to advance the current state-of-play.
* Keen intellect - ability to gather, analyze and synthesize a significant amount of information, and turn it into a compelling product vision.
* Ability to independently drive projects to completion and ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a demanding environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required.
* Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Familiarity with JIRA, JIVE, Sharepoint, HP ALM
* Role may require approximately 10% travel for corporate and sponsored events
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.