Corporate Control Management - Program Manager - Associate
Req #: 190002000
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Control Management Group's (CM) mission is to solidify an effective Firmwide control framework within and across the lines of business by identifying and remediating control issues with a sense of urgency, regardless of the source. The Control Management team will work collaboratively with other control disciplines and will oversee existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols.
Key Responsibilities for the Program Manager (Associate) include:
* Manage Project Performance - set clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, addressing performance problems and issues promptly
* Lead projects and drive execution of project deliverables and provide project reporting
* Able to communicate effectively to an audience at all levels of management
* Manage Change - Leadership in driving change and managing to success implementation
* Partnering - develop networks and build alliances; collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
* Exhibits professional and ethical conduct while having a team first mentality
* Capability to review and translate functional specifications to validate and ensure business requirements are met Competent organizational skills with attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare executive presentations and reports for mid-level and senior leadership meetings.
* Actively manage various share drives and SharePoint sites (Creation/recertification/subject matter expert)
* Responsible for supporting the coordination and execution of a variety of critical activities including strategic and tactical initiatives associated with IT system development, management and operational support, executive reporting and project planning
* Managing business solutions initiatives to assess business needs, propose, and evaluate solutions, in partnership with other business functions and technology
* Provide recommendations to improve operational systems, business performance processes & policies in support of organization commitment to compliance
* Recommend action steps for enhancing processes & procedures to improve the customer experience, efficiency and control environment
* Build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with program stakeholders and peers, IT partners, with focus on delivery
* Aid in creating an "audit ready" environment by strengthening key controls and ensuring all necessary documentation and reporting has been developed as applicable in conjunction with the program team
* Review and analyze management controls and reporting to ensure accuracy of information reported
* Least 5 years of related project management experience.
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
* 3+ years of experience in financial services
* Very strong organizational and analytical skills
* Very strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated experienced project managing large scale IT deliverables
* Proficiency with office products such as Project, Word and Excel and business presentation tools such as Power Point and Visio required.
* Strong proficiency with SharePoint required.
* Experience with process improvement, SDLC & project management methodology preferred
* Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos or Tableau preferred
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.