Etsy is seeking a level one desktop support analyst to join our Helpdesk team and help support the tools and infrastructure that directly impact the productivity of our enterprise organization.
The tools we are responsible for are used every day by Etsy employees. We're looking for people who excel at working with others, challenge the status-quo, and are extraordinary problem-solvers. We value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy for the users of our services. This is an exciting time to join Etsy, as we embark on next-generation work.
The technical staff at Etsy believes that code is craft, and that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture that includes hundreds of thousands of inspired artists and designers who make Etsy such a unique marketplace. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, delivering value early and often, and keeping up a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. Learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we've been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
This role is based in Brooklyn.
About the Role
* You will provide frontline IT support for the business of Etsy, including onboarding, offboarding, fulfillment/break/fix for hardware and software, end user training, inventory/shipping/receiving, user access requests, and others.
* You will share responsibility for the operations and support for a variety of business applications including Atlassian products, G Suite, JAMF, and Slack.
* You will share responsibility for infrastructure automation for IT using Chef and other tools.
* You will help grow the team with collaboration, processes and workflows.
* You will document procedures, policies, technical instructions and other processes.
* You will pair up with other engineers on medium- to large-size projects end to end.
* You will produce useful technical specs and documentation.
* You will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
* You will work in an agile environment, participating in sprint planning, delivering work and contributing to a retrospective.
* You have at least 1-2 years of experience working in tech support/customer service.
* You have experience with Mac operating systems and tools similar to JAMF Pro.
* You have experience with JIRA or another service desk tool for managing helpdesk tickets.
* You're familiar with working with LDAP and AD in an enterprise environment.
* You have excellent communication skills in person, via email, and Slack.
* You value workflow efficiency and believe in continuous improvement for yourself and your team.
* You're creative, curious, and eager to learn.
* You believe in documentation and knowledge-sharing with others.
* You are passionate about your customer's experience.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.