What you'll be doing...
As a Core Wireless Network Architect and a key player in our HQ Planning organization, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and architecting different aspects of the Verizon EPC, 5GCnetworks, and associated end-to-end services. You will be responsible for working with the business teams to gather requirements, design solutions, and select vendors. You will partner with other network, IT, and internal and external device teams to plan, design, deploy, and test the 5G network. You will also be accountable for tracking new development in relevant standard bodies (e.g., 3GPP, GSMA) and work closely with other organizations to ensure VZW aligns with the industry and contributes to the development of new technologies and solutions. You will lead multi-departmental teams to design and develop key strategic and highly visible endeavors to the organization. Other responsibilities include:
* Defining use cases, planning, designing documents/artifacts, and test plans.
* Leading RFI/RFP vendor selection processes for core network functions and service enabling applications.
* Analyzing technical solutions and make recommendations, incorporating both technical and financial advantages.
* Leading interdepartmental teams in the successful deployment of the 5G network, private LTE/5G, global solutions, and MECploymen.
* Developing detailed VZW technical requirements for new features and capabilities.
* Developing, planning, engineering, and implementing guidelines, and providing direction for platform evolution including virtualized implementation of network elements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Wireless Network (3GPP) or Cloud solutions.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Experience in network planning, technology development, or standards group participation.
* Experience in a tier1 vendor or carrier.
* Strong knowledge of the LTE, 5G RAN, and Core elements.
* Understanding of 3GPP, GSMA, and IETF standards.
* IP communications experience (e.g., LAN/WAN/routing/switching).
* Working knowledge of LTE core network elements.
* Knowledge of virtualized implementation (SDN/NFV) of Wireless network nodes under NFV, OpenStack, and other related technologies.
* Understanding of new virtualization techniques (e.g., containers, WebScale architecture, kubernetes).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective leadership, organizational, and people management skills.
* Ability to generate, understand, and interpret technology standards and incorporate them into project design solutions.
* Proven ability to develop and implement interdepartmental processes and procedures designed to support broad reaching business initiatives and goals.
* Contract negotiation and vendor management experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently in an unstructured and dynamic environment.
* Experience successfully leading the technical deployment of new wireless products and services.
* Financial analysis and budgeting experience.
* Experience creating and presenting technical recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams.
* Knowledge of Verizon Wireless' network technologies to allow for newly proposed features and capabilities to be integrated into existing networks.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.