Store No. 8
Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmart's Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world's largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate and customer experience in our stores. That's why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing and fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items and more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory and on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate and customer experience in our stores.
As a Back-End Engineer you will be working with a range of cloud technologies, microservices, event sourcing, partner integrations and more. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, your services will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
What you'll do:
* Develop and maintain core services driving the IRL platform.
* Develop and maintain integration level APIs.
* Coordinate among integration partners for deliverables and orchestration of products.
* Work with Product teams to shape inbound ideas into reality.
* Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment.
What you should have:
* 3+ years industry experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
* Or 7+ years industry experience
What is preferred:
* Experience with cloud computing, microservices and event sourcing.
* Experience with storage technologies such as Cassandra, Cosmos DB, or PostgreSQL.
* Experience with stream/message distribution platforms such as Kafka, Azure Event Hubs.
* Comfortable with fast-paced development and iteration.
Why You Would Love it Here:
At IRL we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems and focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!
About Store No. 8
Store No. 8 is a technology-startup incubator created by Walmart.