What you'll be doing...
Core Network Engineer needed for the engineering and operation of large Wide Area and Local Area IP Networks, which are being built on a Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and eNSE Leaf-Spine architecture.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
* Work on engineering and deploying directional networks for intelligent edge program, where the responsibilities may include but not limited to ESNE SAP, ESNE SR, SAP OTNGN, ISP, NNI, and MSE deliverables.
* Work with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments by leveraging plug-in for network deployments across multiple virtualized environments.
* Utilize network automation and orchestration tools, like Python, NSO, Ansible, and other tools like DCNM, VTS, Pronghorn, NSO and Nuage.
* Develop network MOPs, project plans, task lists, procedures, and network diagram documentation necessary for the successful deployment.
* Configure and support IP routers, Ethernet switches, MPLS switches which will need to be configured to meet customer, network capacity and project demands.
* Present design input, implement hardware changes and upgrade, and provide extensive technical support and documentation for this LAN/WAN network.
* Audit network elements for alarming, configuration inconsistencies and optimization.
* Proactively offer guidance to Operations team to resolve network issues.
* Understand SLA measurement and able to meet or exceed the established expectation of SLA metrics.
* Work closely with directly reported manager to assist in managing budget forecast, project funding, PO issuing, hardware procurement procedure, as well as identify any off-track deliverables and leverage project management knowledge to develop an action plan to address them.
* Collaborate with HQ planner and network design in order to establish and develop a project framework and manage the tracking of interdependencies within or across projects.
* Participate or Lead in developing mechanisms for establishing, monitoring and integrating project elements, tracking, timelines and communications in ensuring the target of project requirement.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Ability to construct carrier grade provider networks from scratch, including designing IP subnet assignments, VLANs, routing tables, providing Layer 2 and Layer 3 end-to-end connectivity, as well as load balancing traffic across redundant facilities.
* Five or more years of experience in data networking and telecommunications, including working knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet VLANs, and MPLS.
* Experience working in the modern IP fabric based networks (Network fabric, underlay/overlay). Working knowledge in VXLAN and Segment routing.
* Experience configuring routers, switches and related network equipment: Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco ASR, Cisco 12K, 3945, Nexus 7K, 7200XVR; Juniper MX-480, MX-960, ALU router products, F5 and A10 Load Balancer. Operating Systems: IOS, XR-IOS, NX-OS, JunOS, Nokia OS.
* Knowledge of networking specific technologies: IPv4 and IPV6, Multicast, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPBGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, L2 and L3 MPLS VPN (LDP & TDP), inter-AS MPLS, and MVPN.
* Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions.
* Knowledge of configuration management and orchestration tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or related skills.
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting in a complex large-scale network environment as well as well-versed in Leaf-Spine network architecture.
* Certifications: CCNP or JNCIS.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.