Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Core Network Engineer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will work on cutting-edge engine technology, building backend network systems to deliver exciting online game experiences and features. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
* Integrate, support, and extend network middleware into the game client and server
* Develop the game servers and backend services needed to support the game
* Debug and optimize network traffic and usage
* Support network gameplay team and educate them in how to best use the network infrastructure.
* Coordinate with backend service providers to configure and maintain network-based resources
* Document systems and procedures
* Support the live operations team leading up to and after release
* Bachelors in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
* 3 to 5 years experience in C/C++
* 2 shipped titles as network engineer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox360, PC or MacOS
* Strong Problem-solving skills
* Deep understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies, including peer-to-peer and client server models, cheat protection, latency compensation, and security methods
* Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
* Knowledge of game-specific issues such as middleware integration, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.