IEX is looking for a talented Core Java Developer to oversee and contribute to our Core Java application frameworks, gateway systems, messaging APIs, and core data structures. You should have significant work experience developing with Core Java, ideally in a trading environment, and have a solid grasp of the financial markets. Experience on Wall Street is desired, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency in the markets is imperative. If this sounds like you, please apply!
* Ability to mentor and inspire team members to do their best work
* Balance of being a team player as well as forming and asserting personal viewpoints independent of others
* Ability to consistently produce results
* Belief in IEX's mission to build fairer markets
What you'll do:
* Work with technology and operations teams to make design and architecture decisions when developing solutions for the exchange
* Oversee and contribute to the development and maintenance of the Core Java application frameworks, messaging APIs, data structures (collections, etc.), application reliability, and recovery mechanisms
* Manage and participate in the software development lifecycle, including the build, deployment, packaging, and dependency management stages
* Contribute to developing systems including order entry, market data, post trade, system monitoring and reporting
* Work closely with Market Operations and Technology Operations teams to provide help with troubleshooting production issues
* 10+ years of professional experience with Core Java in a low latency environment
* Knowledge of full Java development processes (build tools, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment)
* Experience with electronic trading systems specifically the FIX Protocol, market data (proprietary and SIP feeds), and post trade handling
* Linux experience
* Familiarity with C/C++
* KDB+ experience
* Knowledge of Python, Shell or other scripting languages
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX's overall mission and values.
About IEX Group
IEX is a transparent stock exchange dedicated to investor protection.