MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The User Platform Engineering team is responsible for the desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenServer, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms.
The successful candidate will work on critical global platforms used by everyone at Goldman Sachs, including NDS, our Network Desktop Solution, that allows our people to access their workplace desktop from any computer, and Login.GS, our remote and at-home solution, which allows the same level of access from home or on the road.
We are looking for .NET developers with experience in Windows enterprise infrastructure who understand the requirements for global, distributed platforms that require very high levels of uptime.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of professional experience in a software engineering role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
* Execute the full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, development, testing, release, support
* Contribute to, and eventually lead, software engineering and re-engineering projects
* Collaborate with engineers from other platform teams to design and implement new features
* Engage in production troubleshooting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's Degree or similar experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or Communication
* Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in C#; willingness to learn and adopt new languages as necessary
* The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both in writing and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
* Experience developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
* Solid experience of version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools
* The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
* Experience with Citrix and VDI environments
* Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Developer or equivalent)
* Experience in Java development software development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.