As a leading financial technology firm, we leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to global markets as well as innovative, transparent trading solutions and industry standard-setting analytics tools to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
Our market-leading Triton Execution Management System is a global, broker-neutral, multi asset-class platform that combines Virtu's cutting-edge liquidity, execution, analytics and workflow solutions into one unified and customizable execution interface. Our C++ Triton Development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. As part of this development team, your primary responsibility will be to build, design and support low-latency middleware under the guidance of the architecture team and enhance the next-generation messaging router for Linux support. Further responsibilities include:
* Convert a proprietary in-memory real-time database to run on Linux
* Understand different trading strategies/tactics and contribute by recommending enhancements to them
* Work in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment using agile methodology
* Solve highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects
* Analyze feature specifications and be actively involved with product management in refining these specs
* Conduct system modeling, prototyping and analysis while designing software applications
* Participate in recommending new technologies and next generation features
* A bachelor's degree or master's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with 3+ years of experience
* Extensive development experience in object oriented programming using C++
* Experience working on one or more the following distributions: Ubantu, Debian, red Hat enterprise Linux/CentOS
* Experience with Python and/or Perl, Shell scripting, and object oriented programming
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Experience with threading, SVN/CVS/GIT, SQL, XML, and service oriented architectures
* Detail orientated with ability to handle concurrent projects while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities
If applicant passes an initial resume screening, we will send an online programming test via email from a service called Codility. After passing the programming test, we will contact you to arrange a phone screen.
We looking forward to meeting you!
About Virtu Financial
Virtu Financial provides market making and liquidity services to the financial markets worldwide.