Job Description Role of Conversational Experience Designer
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers and manages the software and hardware infrastructure technology solutions that support Morgan Stanley's businesses. Our clients manage the production, operations and engineering of all of the firms infrastructure and end user capabilities.
Enterprise System Management (ESM) is a product engineering and development group within the Enterprise Technology & Risk division. It is focused on engineering insight to shrink the Mean-time-to-recover for any IT issues.
We receive nearly 60,000 IT help tickets and 600,000 alerts across our systems every day. Our mission is to increase the knowledge through advanced analytical capabilities through techniques like quality correlation matches of events and interactions. We are building a system to enable our clients to answer complex questions in natural language. You will help us tackle NLP & NLU problems.
This is a demanding role requiring an organized and articulate professional. Capacity to understand requirements from the customer perspective is essential. The ability to influence cross-discipline teams and balance far-reaching stakeholder groups with competing requirements will be key to success.
Conversational Experience Designer define the natural language dialogue that the chatbot uses in order to help improve the overall user experience, making sure that the dialogue feels natural and taking into consideration any technical requirements, business processes, and UI/UX conventions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Translating natural language and business language into precise, complex knowledge representations
* Design and deployment of models and other structures to identify and fill knowledge gaps in the representation of firm assets, products, services, relations, and processes
* Producing conversational diagrams to show the ideal conversational flow, accounting for expected answers and errors, highlighting any UI elements needed.
* Working with stakeholders to design and deploy models and ontologies to use for Chat Bot and other AI solutions to improve client experience and improve efficiency, with activities including:
* Work to understand current client processes and pain points and help craft the right language for the use case
* Write -happy path - transcript for engineers to begin the BPN (based on architect/client process diagrams)
* Review all wording added to the BPN and make any needed improvements
* Classifier Training/FAQs, provide utterances for both goals and FAQs to help improve the chatbot's understanding
* Work with Cognitive Engineers to troubleshoot misses/confusion matrix
* Before BPN work commences, high-level review of pre-existing client chat logs, transcripts, recordings and research to grasp user utterances, and (when possible) interview live agents on best practices, industry nuances, and FAQs
* After deployment/UAT, high-level review of selected chat logs in order to make additional language recommendations
* Contribute to defining and executing analytics on chats - making sure proper chat analytics are in place and success metrics are available and meaningful, and to ensure there are no language related issues
* Create complete copybook to be used for client review and approval
* Integrate both unstructured and well-structured data
* Assisting with data QA and preparation
* Curating, organizing and classifying data with appropriate ontologies
* Experience with knowledge bases
* Proficiency in data analysis, semantic modeling, knowledge and ontology engineering
* Understanding of complex data models and technologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Strong attention to detail
* Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to influence cross-discipline teams
* Ability to work as part of a start-up team within a larger company
* Capacity to understand requirements from customer perspective
* Degree in Library Science, Information Science, Information, Psychology, information Systems. Management Information Systems or other related discipline
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.