TDIndustries is an award-winning leader in the Building Automation industry and is an authorized dealer for Tridium, Siemens, and Distech building automation systems. We offer rewarding careers and have been named one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the past 19 years. In addition, TDIndustries ranked #9 on FORTUNE Magazine's 2016 Best Workplaces for Latinos.
Our continued growth requires the addition of a talented and highly motivated controls technician. The successful candidate will enjoy high earnings potential in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will be technically focused, self-motivated with a high energy level, and have a drive to be successful.
Reporting to a Project Manager, this position implements and commissions Building Automation control systems equipment that has been newly installed.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
* Participates in the installation, startup and commissioning of Building Automation systems projects. Participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various systems; and in the review/modification and upload of semi-complex graphics.
* Troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; resolves basic issues. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
* Provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate installation and startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
* Works with building owners and managers to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency; participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides system documentation to engineering for as-built drawings.
* HS diploma or equivalent required.
* 2+ years' experience working with DDC Controls.
* Experience with Siemens, Johnson Controls or Tridium Niagara systems is considered a plus with Tridium Niagara certification a strong plus.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required TDIndustries vehicle plan.