* Provide control system development and support of Programmable Logic Controllers (GE), Operator Interface (HMI) systems and associated equipment.
* Commissions new facilities and provides troubleshooting and support for existing systems.
* Identifies technical problems pertaining to equipment or system design failures and abnormalities, and recommends and implements solutions for correction.
* Performs a wide variety of difficult assignments requiring technical evaluation, innovation and judgement.
* Understands industry regulatory requirements and Company standards relative to control systems.
* Up to 30% travel may be required.
* Develop and commission control systems into service for new asset and existing facility projects.
* Coordinates and leads the checkout and startup process by interfacing with the Project Manager, Operations, SCADA, and IT personnel as needed.
* Tests control system wiring and device functionality.
* Verifies configuration and complete system functionality.
* Troubleshoots equipment or system problems that develop during normal operation and makes PLC & HMI programming modifications as required.
* Participates in Incident Investigations and Management of Change Request review and execution.
* Develop and review control systems design/architecture for Engineering & Construction and Design groups.
* Documents the mark up of drawings and/or writes procedures with solutions for problems that are solved.
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of PLC and HMI platforms.
* Has demonstrated the ability to complete multiple control system projects on various platforms and applications.
* Associate's degree or Technical degree is preferred. Substantial applicable experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
Additional requirements: The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company's intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.