Maintain software and hardware for beamline control, data acquisition, and data analysis, for use in beamlines at the Advanced Photon Source. Provide technical support in areas of expertise to APS staff. Candidate will work collaboratively with, or under direction of, APS staff and beamline scientists to implement software and/or hardware solutions for a variety of problems.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
* Considerable knowledge and experience with software development in C or C++ under Linux or UNIX operating systems and an ability to work with common Linux/UNIX command shells is required.
* Knowledge, experience, or interest in working with real-time motion systems is required.
* Good communications and interpersonal skills are required.
* Some skill or experience analyzing, problem solving, and troubleshooting at the interface between hardware and software, and in operating electronic diagnostics equipment is required.
* Some knowledge of EPICS is desirable.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.