Req ID: 47430
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Did you know that our cutting-edge technology is used by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world - travel and tourism?
Now that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
The OCC Global Operations Team will play a key role in support all of Sabre's cutting-edge platforms that support over 85,000 transactions per second. The OCC Global team is the first line of support for all Sabre platforms worldwide.
* Responsible for Operational Stability of critical applications and provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests
* Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts
* Handling L1 monitoring and alert escalation including initial triage and assign tasks as per KB.
* Works on day-to-day activities following documented work instructions with pre-defined process and procedures and operational tasks as documented in KB
* Co-relate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
* Assign unresolved Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 Support Group as per work instruction or KB
* Owns all Incidents and Service Requests throughout the shift & provide proper hand over to next shift.
* Give feedback to the SME groups on the Jobs Scheduled, Daily SOP's and Health Checks
* Deliver support during Releases and Changes
* Assure Operational Compliancy
* Work in shifts with 24/7 support environment and respect and apply the Sabre ITIL processes
* Manages outage and emergency situations with datacenter and application staff
* Assist Change Management tasks, by coordinating them with Release Management and Application teams, as well as implementing changes with assistance from development team
* Follow up, apply and drive the issue resolution in-case of incidents
* Minimum 1- 3 years related experience in Command Center or NOC environments
* Knowledge in monitoring tools like Splunk, Zabbix, AppD
* Knowledge in IT Service Management and Service NOW
* Strong background in working in a critical production support 24*7 environment.
* Strong background in technical support and L1 monitoring.
* Advanced understanding of Unix/Linux
* Oracle, SQL
* Network and Computer Operations
* Shell/Perl/Python Scripting
* Analytical capabilities
* DevOps Working Experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills & Leadership skills
Nice to have:
* Experience with supporting platforms in SAAS environments
* Experience with Cloud hosted applications such as AWS
* Experience with Linux, RedHat trouble shooting
* Experience in working with L2 technical teams and OEM vendors for support
* Advanced understanding of web-based architecture and development techniques
* Experience on tools like SharePoint, JIRA, Service Now, puppet/ansible, Zabbix
* MQ series knowledge, F5
* Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
* Experience in complex, high availability systems would be a plus
* Experience in capacity planning
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 1-3 years of similar work experience.
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.