Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.4 billion video games and more than 700 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
The multimedia team at NTD is looking for a strong software engineer to help develop and maintain the multimedia framework and driver software. This role will be responsible for performance optimizations, architectural improvements, bug fixes, and other enhancements for Nintendo gaming systems.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
* Design, develop, and debug software for handling multimedia functionalities for game consoles
* Implement or prototype multimedia features for capture, compression, streaming and rendering of audio and video on different platforms
* Prioritize tasks to enable high level of efficiency
* Constantly learning and looking for improved solutions
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
* 3 years of software development
* Excellent programming skills in C and C
* Strong working knowledge of video and audio processing including compression, transport, and rendering of media data
* Experience with real-time and/or embedded systems with constrained resources
* Experience writing and debugging multi-process and multi-threaded applications
* Experience with any multimedia framework like GStreamer, DirectShow, Stagefright, etc., is very desirable
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field; MS preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.